Wednesday, April 11, 2012

5 Day Photo Challenge

So after the past 5 days that I have been off, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get back in to some photography. Last year, I attended college and I was shooting something different every single day. Since then, I had been taking less photographs and had been really missing it. So this long weekend, I thought I would challenge myself to spend every single day shooting something different. Due to having views from different countries on my blog, instead of just sharing my photos with my Facebook photography page, I thought I would share it with the rest of the world as well.


Day 1: My first day off was Good Friday. During the day my nephew Porter was over and I thought I would take the time to do some candid photography of him playing outside. In this photo I simply positioned him where I wanted him in the viewfinder and tilted my camera. I tilted my camera to give the photo a different effect rather then taking the regular vertical image. In Photoshop, I then turned the image to black and white and added a black vignette to complete the image. My goal for this photograph was to capture the childhood memories we all have in just one single image.



Day 2: My sister Dayna and her boyfriend Miles wanted to get some new pictures done together. I had an idea in my head that I wanted to create. I had both Dayna and Miles lean up against a wood siding, holding hands and while looking at each other because I wanted to show the feelings they have towards one another as a couple. In Photoshop, I then turned the image to black and white to give it a completely different feeling from when it was in colour.



Day 3: I had been meaning to start a project I had took on of photographing sea shells so I figured this would be the perfect time to do it. I originally planned to photograph the shells in the studio with a blue background, proper lighting and some dollar store sand. I then suddenly got the idea to make it more realistic and to take the shells down to the beach and carefully place them in the sand as if they were found there. There was no Photoshop done to this image.



Later that night, I was given the opportunity to photograph a cat I had been wanting to. When I saw the cat, I right away knew what the picture was going to look like in my head. I slightly angled my camera and switched it to black and white to get an end result of this image below.



Day 4: This was a day of photographing birds for the first time. Bird photography had never interested me much but I had wanted to expand my portfolio and do something I had never done before. In order to capture these images I turned my camera settings to continuous-high mode so I could freeze the motion of the fast wing movements. The only Photoshop I did to this image was crop it to a square format and turn it to black and white.



Day 5: My last day I wanted to create an image of something I had not photographed in a while. After finally deciding to photograph food I decided to go grocery shopping. While shopping, I came across the idea to photograph strawberry's. The reasoning behind the spoon was because I had planned to use it for scooping out the whip cream for the rest of my photoshoot. I then got the idea to put the strawberry on the spoon and have my sister hold it steady for me while I photographed it. The only Photoshop done to this image was a slight crop.



All in all, it was a nice 5 days off. These days photographing have made me realize many things such as how I've missed shooting everyday and how great it feels to be creating and searching for images everywhere you go. It has also made me reconsider opening up my own studio/gallery in hopes to keep my love for photography growing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment